Social distancing guidelines have meant that many health centers have had to reduce services or shift to virtual services for the time being. Because sometimes you may need the support of a medical provider, below you will find a list of adolescent-serving clinics that are still providing in-person or virtual services to young people during this time. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911.
It is also critical that you know what you can expect when you seek out care. Each region has different laws about what minors (young people under 18) can access without their parents’ or guardians’ knowledge/permission. To know what the Minors’ Rights are in Boston, click here.
- General Health:
- Teen Clinic
at South Boston Community Health Center
- Care during COVID: Confidential services for youth ages 13-19 for free or at low cost. Call for an appointment or come during drop in hours. Telehealth will be used when possible.
- Address: 409 West Broadway, South Boston, MA 2nd floor, Medical Specialties department
- Phone number: 617-269-7500
- Hours: Walk in service Mondays from 5pm-7pm. Call for appointments at other times.
- Teen Clinic at South Boston Community Health Center
- Sexual and Reproductive Health:
Parenthood: Greater Boston Health Center
- Care during COVID: Not accepting walk-ins for the time being. For essential in-person appointments please call 800-258-4448. For telehealth appointments, book online.
- Address: 1055 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston MA (call for appointment)
- Phone number: 800-258-4448
- Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday: 7:30am – 4:00pm
- Planned Parenthood: Greater Boston Health Center
Asking for a friend:
- Do you have questions about your health? How to manage new and different forms of stress and anxiety? How to protect yourself from STIs? How to make choices about drinking? College student health educators with Peer Health Exchange are here to help. Click the ask button and share your question and we will endeavor to provide a personal response within 48 hours. We will not share any information you submit except to facilitate our response with your questions. *Our website is not a resource for life-threatening situations and is not monitored 24/7. If you are in crisis, please call 911.*