Mental Health Toolkit
- Reflection prompts to support your mental health
- #QuarantineBingo: How are you staying busy? Can you get 5 in a row?
- #ShowUp Bingo: How are you checking in on your friends? See how you’re doing with this BINGO game created by our 9th grade students in Dallas!
- Communicating your needs while social distancing: Helpful tips for having open, honest, communication
- Steps to Advocate: Four steps you can follow to speak up forsomething you care about
Stories from Young People
A playlist of videos about mental health, wellness, and connection.
- How to Deal When Everything is Different: Health Educator Courteney shares her bullet journal spreads as she reflects on her experience while social distancing. (Peer Health Exchange)
- How to take care of yourself during a crisis (Extrovert Edition): Health Educator Wasan shares his tips for staying connected with family and friends while doing his part to flatten the curve. (Peer Health Exchange)
- How to manage responsibilities during a crisis: Health Educator Jolie shares their tips on juggling school, family, everyday tasks, and other responsibilities. (Peer Health Exchange)
For more information, check out the additional resources below:
- Real Talk’s Teen Mental Health Resource Guide: A guide including more resources on how to stay happy and healthy during coronavirus.
- Young Minds: Young Minds provides a list of resources on coronavirus and mental health created by a youth-led mental health organization.
- Above the Noise • PBS: For all of us stuck at home, coping with changes to our social life, school life and work-life—let alone the looming threat of the pandemic—can really wear on our mental health. This episode of Above the Noise • PBS offers expert-approved tips for dealing with these new stresses. We were proud to partner with KQED Education on a special series of Above the Noise videos about COVID-19 issues that impact young people.
Understanding Mental Health and Wellness:
- Headspace: Headspace is a free meditation app including exercises for anxiety, sleep, general meditation, and workouts.
- Rest for Resistance: Rest for Resistance supports wellbeing by uplifting & creating original writing & art by QTPoC
- Mt. Sinai Adolescent Health Clinic: Information to help you handle anxiety, stress, depression, and more.
- NAMI: Common warning signs and symptoms of mental illness
- Trevor Space: Trevor Space is an affirming international community for LGBTQ+ young people ages 13-24.
- Seize the Awkward: Ways to support a friend who is struggling with mental health (e.g., starting a conversation; showing care)
- Marco Polo: An app that combines texting, video chats, and social media to connect with your friends
- Netflix Party: Watch a show or movie with your friends and chat real-time