Mental Health Toolkit
- Reflection prompts to support your mental health
- #QuarantineBingo: How are you staying busy? Can you get 5 in a row?
- #ShowUp Bingo: How are you checking in on your friends? See how you’re doing with this BINGO game created by our 9th grade students in Dallas!
- Communicating your needs while social distancing: Helpful tips for having open, honest, communication
- Steps to Advocate: Four steps you can follow to speak up forsomething you care about
Stories from Young People
A playlist of videos about mental health, wellness, and connection.
- How to Deal When Everything is Different: Health Educator Courteney shares her bullet journal spreads as she reflects on her experience while social distancing. (Peer Health Exchange)
- How to take care of yourself during a crisis (Extrovert Edition): Health Educator Wasan shares his tips for staying connected with family and friends while doing his part to flatten the curve. (Peer Health Exchange)
- How to manage responsibilities during a crisis: Health Educator Jolie shares their tips on juggling school, family, everyday tasks, and other responsibilities. (Peer Health Exchange)
For more information, check out the additional resources below:
- Real Talk’s Teen Mental Health Resource Guide: A guide including more resources on how to stay happy and healthy during coronavirus.
- Young Minds: Young Minds provides a list of resources on coronavirus and mental health created by a youth-led mental health organization.
- Above the Noise • PBS: For all of us stuck at home, coping with changes to our social life, school life and work-life—let alone the looming threat of the pandemic—can really wear on our mental health. This episode of Above the Noise • PBS offers expert-approved tips for dealing with these new stresses. We were proud to partner with KQED Education on a special series of Above the Noise videos about COVID-19 issues that impact young people.
Understanding Mental Health and Wellness:
- Headspace: Headspace is a free meditation app including exercises for anxiety, sleep, general meditation, and workouts.
- Rest for Resistance: Rest for Resistance supports wellbeing by uplifting & creating original writing & art by QTPoC
- Mt. Sinai Adolescent Health Clinic: Information to help you handle anxiety, stress, depression, and more.
- NAMI: Common warning signs and symptoms of mental illness
- Trevor Space: Trevor Space is an affirming international community for LGBTQ+ young people ages 13-24.
- Seize the Awkward: Ways to support a friend who is struggling with mental health (e.g., starting a conversation; showing care)
- Marco Polo: An app that combines texting, video chats, and social media to connect with your friends
- Netflix Party: Watch a show or movie with your friends and chat real-time
Have a question about your health?
Wondering how to manage new and different forms of stress and anxiety? How to protect yourself from STIs? How to make choices about drinking?
College student Health Educators at Peer Health Exchange are here to help. Click the “ask” button located at the bottom right corner of your screen to share your question and we will do our best to provide a personal response within 48 hours. We will not share any information you submit except to allow us to respond to your questions.
*Our website is not a resource for life-threatening situations and is not monitored 24/7. If you are in crisis, please call 911.*