Substance Use Toolkit
- 4 “Cs” of Decision Making: A guide to making informed decisions for your health
- Alcohol- Understanding the Risks: Learn about the effects of alcohol on the brain body and behavior
- Is It Too Much?: A reflection guide about how to know if substance use or other coping mechanisms are going too far
For more information, check out the additional resources below:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Call 1-800-273-8255 any time
- The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals. Call any time you or someone you care about needs help.
- Above the Influence: Are you feeling weighed down, and don’t know what to do? There are great resources available, and people ready to help.
- Text ABOVE to 741-741 for 24/7, anonymous, free crisis counseling via the Crisis Text Line.
- Call 1-800-448-3000 to connect with the Boys Town National Hotline.
- SAHMSA (for adults): Call 1-800-662-HELP(4357)
- If an adult in your life needs help with substance use, they can call SAMHSA for help, 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- Virtual Recovery Resources:
- Connectedness is critical to maintaining recovery, so this resource includes a number of opportunities for virtual connection for those in recovery.
Drugs, Alcohol, and Tobacco:
- National Institute on Drug Abuse for Teens: Information on how drugs affect the brain and body.
- First of All: Harm reduction drug education webcast series for today’s teens, teachers, and parents.
- Drug Policy Alliance: Drug Policy Alliance focuses on helping people of all ages make safer choices about drug use.
Have a question about your health?
Wondering how to manage new and different forms of stress and anxiety? How to protect yourself from STIs? How to make choices about drinking?
College student Health Educators at Peer Health Exchange are here to help. Click the “ask” button located at the bottom right corner of your screen to share your question and we will do our best to provide a personal response within 48 hours. We will not share any information you submit except to allow us to respond to your questions.
*Our website is not a resource for life-threatening situations and is not monitored 24/7. If you are in crisis, please call 911.*