PHE New York Career Development Event 2016
PHEnomenal Five is a bi-weekly round-up of five articles that we thought were interesting related to young people, health education and health outcomes.
PHEnomenal Five (April 15, 2016)
1. A new senate bill that would require sex education to be LGBTQ-inclusive as well as medically accurate.
2. A look into what can shift when a school embraces mindfulness into its culture.
3. Advocates and opponents discuss the two sides of whether all teens should be screened for depression.
4. A suggestion for parents worried about their teen’s sexual behavior to consider moving to the Netherlands, where sex education starts in primary school.
5. A podcast with author, Peggy Orenstein, on Teen Sexuality and Hook Up Culture.