- The Impact of Language– Define basic terms related to gender and sexuality to center students, equity and relationships in the classroom.
- Facilitation Strategies for the Classroom– Name, recognize and apply mindsets and actions which reflect and support inclusive and affirming environments that center students, equity and relationships.
- Pronoun Use Guide– Name and practice using pronouns to reinforce and normalize usage in the classroom and beyond.
- Frequently Asked Questions on Gender and Sexuality– Identify techniques and resources for improving practice in creating affirming and inclusive environments.
Stories from Young People
A playlist of videos about identity, self-acceptance, and finding community.
- Trans People Answer The Most Googled Questions About The Trans Experience: Trans people answer the most searched questions about the trans experience. (Buzzfeed)
- Coming Out as Nonbinary, Genderqueer, or Gender Non-Conforming: Individuals who identify as gender non-binary offer advice for what people should know about the coming out and discovery process. (Lifehacker)
- Latinos Talk About Coming Out: Latinos talk about coming out. (Pero Like)
- Before Vs. After: Coming Out: Young people talk about their experiences before and after coming out. (Buzzfeed)
- LGBT Athletes Talk About Coming Out: LGBT athletes talk about coming out. (As/Is)
For more information, check out the additional resources below:
Exploring LGBTQ+ Identity:
- The Trevor Project Coming Out Handbook: A handbook for LGBTQ+ young people
- Q Chat Space: Find and give support, have fun, connect around shared interests and get good information.
- Trevor Space: Trevor Space is an affirming international community for LGBTQ+ young people ages 13-24.